Saturday 21 December 2013

My Inner Martha Stewart

Hi. My name is Heather, and I have an inner Martha Stewart. Or so says Paul (I'm still working on full acknowledgment). But he's an enabler! What else am I to do with seven gourmet tea packets (the seventh day of my birth week!), a redundant CD rack, and a little heirloom table BUT to set up a tea nook? It's very practical! Now when we have tea-drinking guests, we don't need to rummage through the cupboard, calling out options, while the listener tries to keep track ("Jasmine ... pomegranate ... Moroccan mint ... canonical black ... No, wait — it's not pomegranate; it's hibiscus ... Chamomile ..." "What was the third one again?"). The tea drinker simply has to stroll over to this handy-dandy station, where all is openly displayed, and make a selection!


No walking shots today. Freddie did his big outing with Paul while Leah and I enjoyed coffee and diner chow at Joe's Grill. A good time was had by all.

I did, however, want to qualify one of the comments I made in yesterday's post. To all my readers with sore knees, shoulders, backs etc. — readers for whom literal flying leaps are currently difficult or impossible .... Freddie's remark about leaping rather than sitting can, and should, be taken figuratively. There's nothing wrong with sitting, and leaping can be done very effectively while sitting (or lying) down, says Freddie!


So there!


5 comments:

  1. You can never out-tea me and Beau, my friend. You should see the fancy, gourmet, loose-leaf, teapot thingy I gave him last year. But Canonical Black? You've got us beat there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I dunno, Charlotte .... In the great tea obsession competition, does the tea estate plot in my novel count? I think it counts. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Beau's read it and loved it. I haven't read it yet so I'll remain mum on the topic. Paul's seen my place, though, and can attest to my inner tweeness. He emerged from the washroom declaring, "Only you would have a hand mirror that matches your shower curtains."

      Delete
  2. Is that a gorgeous red ForLife teapot that I see? I was given one for my 50th and it has revolutionised my tea drinking as well as putting a stop to my yearning for one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Anna! No, it's just an ordinary old ceramic teapot ... but now I'll need to Google your kind and see what I'm missing out on! I still remember that lovely coffee/tea spot you took me to in Marylebone ... and the Wallace Collection ... and ... ah, suddenly I want a London fix! Maybe en route to Bamako? ;-)

      Delete

What say you?